15 Forever Program
15 Forever: A fund of The Community Foundation
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Proposals are due by 5pm February 1, 2013
15 Forever was established as a permanent fund of The Community Foundation to serve the needs of Boulder County youth into the future. The 15 Forever Program is a teen civic engagement, leadership, and grantmaking program of The Community Foundation. The intention of 15 Forever is to address the needs and concerns of Boulder County youth from a peer perspective. Annually, 15 Forever recommends $15,000 in grants to programs focused on the youth of Boulder County.
Each year, fifteen youth leaders are selected through an application process to serve on the Advisory Committee. This group determines the 15 Forever funding priorities for the year and makes grant recommendations to The Community Foundation Board of Trustees.
The 15 Forever Youth Advisory Committee is seeking proposals that address strengthening positive behaviors and preventing negative behaviors in Boulder County Youth, as a means to personal and eduational success. In particular, the Committee would like to see applications that propose to help youth to identify their interests and find their passion as a way to connect with their communities. Proposals should demonstrate that they support positive behaviors such as:
- Encourage community involvement and connections between people
- Help to eliminate isolation
- Encourage inclusivity and support positive social interaction among diverse groups
- Build strong relationships and help youth develop allies
Proposals that address the needs of those in grades 6 through 9 will receive priority attention. The Advisory Committee encourages applicants from across Boulder County to submit proposals.
- Projects must meet the funding focus for 2012-2013
- Applicants can be any non-profit organization with an IRS 501(c)(3) designation or any governmental or public entity. (Groups or organizations that do not have IRS 501(c)(3) designation may only apply in partnership with one of the non-profit designations listed above.)
- The group or organization must provide services or conduct the proposed activities within Boulder County for the benefit of Boulder County residents.
- 15 Forever does not fund projects that further a particular religious or political doctrine.
15 Forever will award $15,000 in grants in 2013. Grant proposal requests will be considered within the $500.00-$15,000.00 range.
|February 1, 2013||Grant Application Due|
|February-March 2013||Site Visits and Interviews Scheduled|
|April, 2013||Notification to applicants and Grants Reception|
Application Components, Deadlines, and Instructions for Submission
The Community Foundation uses the Colorado Common Grant Application (CGA) for its 15 Forever grants process. The application consists of the following components, which should be submitted in the order listed below. The checked items below are required for applying for funding from The Community Foundation. Unchecked items may be submitted but will be considered supplemental. The Colorado Common Grants Application, Template and Users' Guide can be found at www.coloradocommongrantforms.org/. The User's Guide will answer most of your questions and help you frame your proposal.
Section I: Cover Letter (one page)
Include the purpose of the grant request and a brief description of how the request fits with the 15 Forever and The Community Foundation’s mission and grantmaking priorities.
Section II: Summary Sheet Form
Please use the 2-page Colorado Common Grant Application template.
Download the Colorado Common Grant Application template.
Section III: Narrative
Formatting: Use 12-point font with 1-inch margins and include the HEADING provided for each question. It is not necessary to repeat the text of the questions. Number each section of your submission and include the heading in labeling each section. Please ensure that the order of documents reflects the order of the sections in this template.
General Operating Requests: 4-page limit; answer questions 1–3 and 5–11.
Program or Capital Requests: 5-page limit; answer all the questions.
1. Organization Background
3. Current Programs
4. Program and Capital Requests Only
Section IV: Attachments
1(a). Organization budget
1(b). Program or capital budget, if applicable
2. Current (year-to-date) financial statements
3. Year-end financial statements, audit and Sources of Income Table
4. Major contributors
5. In-kind contributions
6. Explanation of items in financial attachments, if applicable
7. Board of directors list
8. Proof of IRS federal tax-exempt status, dated within the last five years
9. Anti-discrimination statement adopted by the board of directors
10. Key staff
11. Annual report, if available
12. Evaluation results (optional): Provide the organization’s most recent evaluation results, relevant to this request.
Additional Attachments for Organizations Using a Fiscal Agent/Fiscal Sponsor
1. The memorandum of understanding or the contract between the organization and the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor.
2. Proof of IRS federal tax-exempt status for the fiscal agent/fiscal sponsor, dated within the last five years.
Section V: Community Foundation Additional Attachments
Diversity Chart Assessment
The Community Foundation of Boulder County values inclusive and transformational leadership and has embedded and institutionalized diversity at many levels within our organization, including grant-making. Thus, we have recently increased the weight of inclusiveness in our proposal review. Organizations applying for funding through any grant cycles of The Community Foundation are required to submit a completed Diversity Chart as part of the funding application. In addition, this information will be used to track changes in demographics within Boulder County organizations. A copy of the Diversity Chart matrix is available at www.commfound.org/communityleadership/eli/diversitychart.xls
Progress Report - If you received Community Foundation funding in 2012, please submit a progress report, even if it covers partial year activities. Without it, your 2012 proposal will not be considered. www.commfound.org/communityleadership/grantreportform.html
Applications are due by 5pm February 1, 2013. Because we experience an extremely high volume of proposals being sent between 4:30 and 5:00pm, we urge you to submit your application earlier in the day, to ensure that your proposal is received by the deadline.
Applications and attachments must be submitted electroncially to email@example.com in PDF format. The Diversity Chart must be submitted in Microsoft Excel. Do not send proposals to any other email address.
You will receive a return e-mail confirming that your materials have been received.
Thank you for your time and effort in completing this application!
For more information, please contact Elvira Ramos
|15 FOREVER Final RFP.pdf||105.55 KB|