The 2004 Community Foundation Grants Process
Request for Concept Letters
for The Community Trust General Cycle
Deadline: 5 p.m. Sept. 30, 2004
NEW : DELIVER
YOUR APPLICATION BY E-MAIL.
You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED (but are not required to) submit your application by e-mail. See below.
The Community Foundation accepts proposals
for specific projects as well as for unrestricted expenses,
capital campaigns, start-ups endowments and technical
assistance. Our five primary funding areas include:
the Arts, Civic Engagement, Education, the Environment,
and Health and Human Services.
Non-profit, governmental or other public groups interested in applying for grants from The Community Foundation are invited to submit a concept paper describing the proposed project. The Community Foundation's Grant Committees will review the concept letters and, as necessary, ask for additional information from applicants.
Applicants should submit the following:
Summary please print out or request
from The Community Foundation (303-442-0436, toll
free: 1-877-744-7239 ).
Note: This Organization Summary is also available for download in Microsoft Word format; you can download it and fill it in on your own computer.
- A concept letter, no more
than 2 pages, which briefly discusses the following:
- Description of goals and objectives for the purposes of this grant;
- Description of activities planned to accomplish these goals;
- Description of the constituency served (include number served) and how they will benefit;
- Timetable for implementation;
- Other organizations, if any, participating in the activity;
- Long-term sources/strategies for funding at the end of the grant period; and
- Strategy for evaluating the program/organizational outcomes.
- Budget The budget of the organization
and the project budget (as applicable).
(If you have already applied for another grant to The Community Foundation earlier in the year, you do not have to attach these two items.)
- Proof of your tax exempt status.
- Anti-discrimination policy
- Our requirement for the anti-discrimination policy
is as follows: Organizations that agree to act in
accordance with The
Community Foundations policy will not need
to submit an anti-discrimination policy. However,
groups also have the choice of submitting their own
Note: The Community Foundation's Anti-Discrimination Policy (PDF; 81KB) is also available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF), a more printer-friendly format. You must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to use this feature. You can download the free Adobe Reader software here.
- Organizations that received a grant in last year's grant cycle must return their Grant Report Form BY SEPT. 1, 2004. Failure to respond will have a negative impact on our consideration of your proposal.
- We only fund organizations that have received 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status from the IRS.
- We fund primarily for activities or projects in Boulder County.
- The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County does not make grants to organizations where grant money would be used to further a particular political or religious doctrine.
Please do not submit anything other than printed materials.
September 30, 2004 - Concept Letters Due
January 2005 - Grants awarded.
Send ONE copy of your concept
letter and accompanying materials to
You will receive a return e-mail confirming that your materials have been received.
If you have proof of tax exempt status only in paper form, you can still e-mail your other materials and mail us a paper copy of your tax exempt document.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING PAPER COPIES OF APPLICATIONS:
Please do not bind proposals.
Mail or bring the number of copies listed below by 5 p.m. Sept. 30, 2004, to:
The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County
1123 Spruce Street
Boulder, CO 80302
|Five copies of:|
|One copy* of:|
|Proof of your tax exempt status|
|* If you have already applied for another grant to The Community Foundation earlier in the year, you do not have to attach these two items.|
The Community Foundation
1123 Spruce Street
Boulder, CO 80302
Sorry, we cannot accept faxes.
For more information, please contact Carly Hare at The Community Foundation, 303-442-0436