Planned giving is a process
of making a gift that uses tax, financial, and charitable
estate planning techniques to enable a donor to make
a sizable gift commitment and receive significant tax
and financial benefits (as well as, of course, the pleasure
of making a gift to something important and worthwhile
in the community).
To honor those individuals who have included The Community
Foundation in their estate plans, or who have created
other types of gifts through thoughtful planning, the
Board of Trustees of the Foundation has established
the Legacy Society of The Community Foundation Serving
Boulder County. Its purpose is to
thank and pay tribute to those who give with an eye
to the future.
|We invite you to join the Legacy
Society in one of the following ways:
- Make a bequest to The Community Foundation
in your will or revocable trust;
- Make The Community Foundation a beneficiary
of an I.R.A. or other retirement plan;
- Make The Community Foundation a remainder
beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust;
- Establish a charitable lead trust designating
the charitable distribution to The Community Foundation;
- Make The Community Foundation the owner
of a paid-up life insurance policy or the beneficiary
of a life insurance policy; or
- Make a current gift into the Community
Trust of at least $25,000.
|Why might you consider the Legacy
Society? Two major reasons stand out:
(1) So that you can play a role in ensuring
that The Community Foundation will be able to implement
your wishes for the future;
(2) So that we can thank you personally, even if you
wish to keep the details of your plan confidential or
your gift anonymous.
From time to time we invite Legacy Society members to
special events. If you decide to inform us of your confidential
plans but want to remain anonymous, we will respect
your wishes for anonymity.
Please contact Margaret Katz, Director of Philanthropic Services, or
another Foundation staff member at 303-442-0436
- If you would like more information or
would just like to talk with us;
- If you would like to discuss your ideas
before making gift plans; or
- If you believe that you are eligible
for membership in the Legacy Society and would like
to share your plans confidentially.
|The following information is
provided to assist you and your attorney:
- The legal name of the foundation is The
- The Community Foundation is an IRS nonprofit
corporation [501(c)(3)] and is organized under the
laws of the State of Colorado;
- The foundation’s tax identification
number is #84-1171836.
- Sample bequest language:
I give to The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County, a Colorado nonprofit organization, (the sum of $ _____); (_____ percent of my estate); (the following property: _____); or (the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate) for general purposes or for the specific purpose of ___________________ (designate purpose).