You know your clients. We know philanthropy. Together, we make informed investments that benefit our community – and beyond.
Our Financial Advisor Program brings together advisors, their clients, and the foundation’s professional philanthropic services to ensure a first-rate client experience. Your participation creates a distinct advantage: you can manage your clients’ assets, and meet their tax and charitable goals.
Why partner with the Community Foundation?
We’re a trusted connector and convener. Our donors value our deep community and philanthropic knowledge, as well as the opportunities we provide to connect people to what they care about. Partnering with us can help your clients achieve their giving aspirations.
We offer the tools, data, and expertise to ensure positive results. The Community Foundation has a track record as a reliable steward of financial investments that move the needle in Boulder County, and that meet individual investment goals.
The Financial Advisor Program is a win-win. Advisors can:
- retain their clients’ charitable assets at their financial institution and continue to manage clients’ charitable giving vehicles;
- convert non-managed client assets into charitable dollars that you manage; and
- offer clients a value-add by connecting them to the Community Foundation’s professional, personalized philanthropic services.
What's more, we’re an IRS tax-exempt nonprofit organization; your clients will receive the maximum tax deduction allowed. Note: Community Foundation Boulder County is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services.
- Plan to sell a private company
- Have high capital gains tax exposure
- Be in a "transition" stage of life – empty nesters, retirees, those involved in estate planning, etc.
- Want a charitable tax deduction now with the flexibility to make distributions in the future
- Want to grow their contributions tax-free over time
- Have a desire to give back to their community
- Want to leave a legacy for future generations
We’re here to help you help your clients make informed decisions about charitable giving. For more information, contact Philanthropic Services.
- Real estate
- Personal residence
- Commercial property
- Other real property
- Business interests
- Closely-held stock (S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC)
- Partnership interests
- Personal property
- Royalties, copyrights, patents
- Valuable collectibles
- Other alternative assets
- Life insurance policies
- Retirement plans
- Negotiable instruments (e.g., notes receivable)
- Oil and gas interests