- Grantees must use grant proceeds only for the stated purpose of the grant or for charitable and educational activities consistent with the organization’s tax-exempt status.
- Grants from The Community Foundation’s discretionary funds are exclusively for activities or projects in Boulder County and/or for the benefit of Boulder County residents.
- Any nonprofit organization with an IRS 501(c)(3) public charities (not private operating or non-operating foundations) or any governmental or public entity can apply. Groups or organizations that do not have IRS 501(c)(3) designation may do so with a fiscal sponsor.
- The Community Foundation makes grants for specific projects as well as for unrestricted operating expenses, capital campaigns, endowments and technical assistance.
- The Community Foundation does not make grants to organizations where grant money from our discretionary or field of interest funds would be used to further a particular religious doctrine.
Note: The Community Foundation does not accept unsolicited requests for funding, letters of interest or proposals.